The 2013 InterCity trip to Boston highlighted best practices in medical school research, technology commercialization, entrepreneurship and funding, traffic congestion mitigation, regional government collaboration, and education innovations.
- Mobility projects so well known they have their own nickname – The BIG DIG
- Biotechnology hub rated by the Milken Institute as the top life sciences cluster in the country
- Route 128 – home to the Boston tech community
- Nexus of higher education, venture capital, and commercialization
- Country's oldest public education system