1. Privacy Statement
The online privacy statement describes how we treat user data collected during your visit to the Austin Chamber site. The Austin Chamber site is www.austinchamber.com and includes all web pages whose domain name contains austinchamber.com, directory.austinchamber.com, and members.austinchamber.com. This is not the online privacy statement for other Austin Chamber websites that don’t contain these domain names. Neither is it the online privacy statement for other websites (e.g. blogs or social networking sites) where Austin Chamber has a presence, such as Austin Chamber pages on Facebook. Finally, this is not the online privacy statement for the websites of any Austin Chamber affiliate organization. In all of those cases, site-specific privacy terms apply and are posted accordingly.
2. What Personal Data do we collect?
We collect two types of Personal Data about you:
Passively Collected Data
Like most websites, we may automatically receive and record information in our server logs from your browser when you visit aclu.org. The information that we collect with these automated methods may include your IP address, cookie information, browser type, system type, and the referring URL.
We use this type of information to measure and improve the performance of our site. On occasion, we also access this type of information to investigate or maintain the stability and security of our site.
Voluntarily Submitted Data
Certain pages on the Austin Chamber site may invite you to share personally identifying information, such as your name, address, email address, or telephone number. Sharing that information will allow you to make a donation, join our email list, sign a petition, or participate in other similar online activities. Other examples include:
- Marketing Communications. Austin Chamber receives user-submitted Personal Data from users wishing to be sent additional promotional information on Austin Chamber. Such Personal Data includes information such as name, phone number, company, title, and email address.
- Registering for a Community. When you create an account on Austin Chamber, we collect Personal Data from you including your name, email address, phone number, and social media account information.
- Visit our offices. When you visit our offices, we collect Personal Data including name, phone number, company, title, and email address.
- Attending our events. When you register for and/or attend our events, we collect Personal Data including name, phone number, company, title, and email address.
- Job applications. As Part of its recruiting activities, Austin Chamber receives personal Data from users submitting job application materials to be considered for Austin Chamber employment (“Recruiting Data”). This Recruiting Data includes anything that an individual chooses to include, such as a resume or application, and typically consists of job history, education, personal interests and activities, name, email address, phone number, and residence address. Further, Austin Chamber collects gender, race, and military status from employment candidates to assist Austin Chamber in its equal employment opportunity compliance and related statistical tracking to help our diversity efforts. In connection with job screening activities, Austin Chamber also requests Personal Data sufficient to have background checks conducted prior to hiring.
As mentioned above, some of the Personal Data we receive from you is collected by automated means. Such Personal Data includes:
Personal Data we might receive from other parties:
- From social media sites. Austin Chamber collects data about individuals that is made available to Austin Chamber and other third parties by social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and others through APIs or social media monitoring technology (“Third Party Sites”). This data includes names user IDs social media handles, gender, and other information that individuals choose to make publicly available on social media sites. Austin Chamber monitors the public activities of individuals on social media sites, including posts, blogs, tweets, and profile information.
Additionally, when a Customer provides or accesses information through one of our Services, we may receive information from the Customer’s input of, in response to, or by way of interaction with content generated by the Customer’s use of the services, such as event submissions.
- From Our Customers. We collect information that our Customers provide us to enable them to log on and use the Services. This data consists of Personal Data of the authorized users, company information and configuration, content, internal communications, and notes.
- From third-party websites and partners. We also collect information from partners and other websites (“Visitors"). For example, we ask or engage third parties to tell us additional information about Visitors, such as how they responded to our communication or promotions.
3. How do we use your Personal Data?
We use the Personal Data about you that we collect in order to fulfill a range of purposes, including:
- To provide this website and our services
- To maintain and improve this website and our services
- To provide personalized services, including behaviorally targeted ads
- To measure the performance of this website and our services
- To communicate with you
- To protect Austin Chamber, you, our customers, and the public
We collect and process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To help us provide, maintain, and improve the Site and the Services, and to assess and enhance user experience on the Site and Services. We conduct this processing on the basis of our legitimate interest in ensuring the optimal functionality of our Site and Services.
We may also use a user's email address to send promotional or marketing materials on related Services, such as updates on the product line, but this is only after the user is a customer, a Service is requested by the user, or Austin Chamber has some other pre-existing business relationship with the user. We use your IP address and browser-type information in the general administration of our website
In the collection and use of information from other social media sites, we rely on our legitimate interests in providing services to our customers and assisting them to provide better service to their customers, under applicable data privacy regulations, and balance those interests with the data privacy concerns of individuals. If you would like more information about our legitimate interests or have concerns that you would like us to address, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To ensure the security of our Site and Services. We conduct this processing on the basis or our legitimate interest in promoting the security and safety of the Site and Services, and in protecting our rights and the rights of others.
- To provide the necessary functionality of the Site and Services. We conduct this processing to perform our contract with you for the use of our Site and Services. If we have not entered into a contract with you, we base this processing on our legitimate interest in providing you with the necessary functionality required during your use of our Site and Services.
- To allow social sharing functionality on our Site and Services.
- To manage event registrations and attendance. We conduct this processing based on our legitimate interest in providing our Customers and Users with valuable information on our Site and Services.
- To register visitors to our offices. We conduct this processing on the basis of our legitimate interest in protecting our offices and our confidential information against unauthorized access.
- To identify new Customer opportunities. We process your Personal Data to identify and assess new potential Customer opportunity to the extent that it is in our legitimate interest to ensure that we are meeting the demands of our Customers.
- To manage contests or promotions. If you register for one of our contests or promotions, we process your Personal Data to perform our contract with you. If we have no contract with you, we engage in this processing based on our legitimate interest in running successful contests or promotions for you.
- To send you marketing communications. We process your Personal Data to send you marketing information, product recommendations, and other non-transactional communications (e.g., marketing newsletters, telemarketing calls, SMS, or push notifications) about us and our affiliates and partners, including information about our products, promotions, or events as necessary to further our legitimate interest in conducting direct marketing or to the extent you have provided your prior consent. Please see the "Your rights and options regarding your Personal Data" section, below, to learn about your options regarding the processing of your Personal Data by Austin Chamber for marketing purposes.
- To display personalized advertising and content. We process your Personal Data to conduct marketing research, advertise to you, provide personalized information about us on and off our Site and to provide other personalized content based upon your activities and interests to the extent it is necessary for our legitimate interest in advertising our Site and Services or, where necessary, to the extent you have provided your prior consent. As stated above, please see the "Your rights and options regarding your Personal Data" section, below, to learn about your options regarding the processing of your Personal Data by Austin Chamber for marketing purposes.
- To protect the rights of Austin Chamber and others.
- To evaluate candidates for employment. In regard to candidates for employment, we use your Recruiting Data for purposes of evaluating candidates for potential employment with Austin Chamber.
- To comply with legal obligations. We process your Personal Data when cooperating with public and government authorities, courts or regulators in accordance with our legal obligations under applicable laws to the extent this requires the processing or disclosure of Personal Data to protect our rights or is necessary for our legitimate interest in protecting against misuse or abuse of our websites, protecting personal property or safety, pursuing remedies available to us and limiting our damages, complying with judicial proceedings, court orders or legal processes or to respond to lawful requests.
- In accordance with your consent.
Please note that Austin Chamber may use and disclose data cleansed of all Personal Data so that it no longer can identify the Customer and/or user; and aggregated with similar data from other Austin Chamber Customers (“Aggregated Data”) to determine and report Services usage patterns by Customers and users generally, and for any other legitimate purpose.
Information collected by Austin Chamber from Customers is used solely to provide the Services and as otherwise agreed to in a contract between Austin Chamber and the Customer.
4. How do we share your Personal Data?
We do not sell your Personal Data. We do share the Personal Data with third parties in a range of scenarios, including the following:
- To any third party with your consent
- To companies that provide services on our behalf to help us with business activities
- To outside parties when we believe that the disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, your rights, to protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or comply with a law enforcement request
As a matter of policy, we do not sell your Personal Data. We may disclose your Personal Data. We will only share your Personal Data in the ways stated below:
- To any third party with your consent
- To companies that provide services on our behalf to help us with business activities. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us. These services may include hosting, log file analysis, spam filtering, content delivery network services, video hosting, and/or serving targeted in-media content.
- In certain situations, Austin Chamber may be required to disclose Personal Data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, when required by law to comply with a subpoena or other similar legal processes.
- We may share your Personal Data when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, your rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or comply with a law enforcement request.
5. How long do we keep your Personal Data?
We will retain your contact information, including your name and email address, for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide the Services to you. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your Personal Data to provide Services, please refer to “Your Rights and Options regarding your Personal Data” Section of this Privacy Notice.
Austin Chamber may retain data, including Personal Data, in encrypted format held on back up media or other back up storage for disaster recovery purposes for up to ninety (90) days pending routine erasure cycles, and log files held for security reasons for up to twelve (12) months.
For further information on our Personal Data retention practices and policies, please see the Austin Chamber Data Retention and Media Destruction Policy for Customer Data. For additional questions on this topic, please contact us using the information contained in the “Contacting Us” section below.
6. Your Rights and Options regarding your Personal Data
Depending on where you live, you have certain rights related to your Personal Data. The rights available to you depend on our reason for processing the Personal Data in question. Please note that these rights are also subject to local data protection laws and regulations and that these rights do not apply in all situations.
Your rights are as follows:
- Right of access. You have the right to know what Personal Data of yours we are processing.
- Right to rectification. You have the right to ask us to update, correct, or supplement that Personal Data that we hold about you.
- Right to erasure. You have the right to ask us to delete or erase your Personal Data from our systems.
- Right to restriction of processing. You have the right to request that we limit how we process your Personal Data.
- Right to object. You have the right to oppose our processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to data portability. You have the right to ask that we provide you with the Personal Data that we hold about you in a structured, machine-readable format. Under this right, you may either request that we provide the Personal Data directly to you, or you may request that we provide the Personal Data directly to a third party designated by you.
You may “opt-out” of having your Personal Data used for certain purposes, such as receiving promotional or other marketing material from us during the registration process, for downloading a whitepaper or signing up for our webcasts. Users who no longer wish to receive our updates or newsletters may opt-out of receiving these communications by following the instructions contained in the mailer or by emailing us at email@example.com. Please include the term “OPT-OUT” in the subject line immediately followed by your email address.
You may access, correct, or request deletion of your personal information collected via this Site by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
We are unable to delete information accessed or provided through the Services if we do not control such information, such as information that originated through a social media network and is consequently controlled by such social media network, except to the extent that a copy of that data exists on our systems and with the permission of the data controller.
7. How do we secure your Personal Data?
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Data submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. Please keep in mind, however, that no method of transmission over the internet, or any method of electronic storage, is perfectly secure.
Austin Chamber takes information security and privacy of Personal Data very seriously. We fully support and abide by the data privacy principals established in the EU Directive on Data Protection as well as all other applicable local privacy laws and regulations. Our security controls and mechanisms are based on the ISO 27001 global security management standard and we conduct external security audits and independent security testing on an annual basis.
If you have any questions about our security practices or security on our website, you can email us at email@example.com.
Cookies or similar technologies are used by Austin Chamber and our partners, affiliates, or analytics or service providers. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering this website, tracking users’ movements around this website, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as an aggregated basis.
As is true of most web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, referring/exit pages, browser type and operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We do not link this automatically-collected data to other information we collect about you.
9. Changes in this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may change from time to time, so please review it frequently for any updates or changes. If we make material changes to this Privacy Notice we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or we will place a prominent notice on our Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
10. Contacting Us
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, the practices of this Site, or your dealings with this Site, please call us at 1 (512)478-9383, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at the following address:
Austin Chamber of Commerce
535 E 5th Street
Austin, TX 78701
11. Additional Information
Collection of Personal Data from Children
Our Site is not directed at children. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 16. If you are a parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with Personal Data without your consent, please contact us by using the information in the “Contacting Us” section, below, and we will take steps to delete such Personal Data from our systems.
Our Site offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your Personal Data from our blog or community forum, contact us at email@example.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your Personal Data, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Social Media Widgets
Our Web site includes Social Media Features, such as the Facebook and Twitter buttons and Widgets, such as the Share this button or interactive mini-programs that run on our site. These Features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our site, and may set a cookie to enable the Feature to function properly. Social Media Features and Widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Site. Your interactions with these Features are governed by the privacy notice of the company providing it.
Testimonials and Comment, Idea, and Survey Submissions
We display personal testimonials of satisfied Customers on our site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We consider information such as answers to surveys, comments, ideas, and suggestions (in each case, which do not contain Personal Data) to be non-personal and do not classify such as Personal Data. Except as otherwise provided by applicable contracts with our Customers or a third party, Austin Chamber is free to disclose and use such data or information without any obligation.
For more info, please contact email@example.com