Home to 2.1 million residents, Austin is one of the fastest growing and most economically diverse metros in the nation. Ranking on almost every "best places" lists, the region's progressive culture, low cost of living, and access to a highly skilled and talented workforce has positioned the city and region for even greater success.
This page provides several documents prepared specifically for global companies that may be considering the Austin region for future expansion plans.
- Our Austin, Texas at a Glance 1-pager provides a brief overview.
- Our Austin Region Overview is a short "Why Austin" slide deck.
- A 9-page Austin-Major Metros Comparison presents cost and other data for Austin vis-a-vis a few major U.S. coastal metros you may already be familiar with.
- A New & Expanded Companies log details many of the companies making recent job-creating investments in Austin.
- Ratings and Rankings offers a collection of recent accolades for economic vitality, business climate, and quality of life that Austin has received from national and international media (hyperlinks take you back to the original publication from which the recognition comes).
- Taxes and Incentives provides a detailed summary of state and local taxes and incentives available to businesses locating to Central Texas. Details of recent state and local incentives awarded to companies locating to Central Texas is also available.
- An Austin-Bergstrom International Airport flyer details domestic and international nonstop service.
- An Excel file provides information on over 300 foreign companies with operations in the Austin area.
- Finally, a document presents the Austin Chamber's recruitment team and contact information.
In addition to the PDF documents provided on this page, there is a wealth of additional information about doing business in Central Texas that you can navigate to from here. Within the Economic Development area of the Chamber's website you can navigate to business-oriented profiles of the region as a whole and each of its many communities, information about key industries, employers, maps, available real estate, and much more.
The Austin Chamber staff stands ready to assist with your site selection project or answer any questions you might have. For more information, please don't hesitate to contact us via our request for information form or a call or email Charisse Bodisch, CEcD, Sr. VP of Economic Development (512.322.5608) or another member of the team.