What is Amazon Business?
Amazon Business is the B2B marketplace on Amazon, providing business customers with the pricing, selection and convenience of Amazon, with features and benefits designed for businesses of all sizes.
It has solutions to meet a broad range of procurement requirements, and it also provides B2B suppliers of all sizes access to the increasing number of businesses who purchase on Amazon Business.
From 30,000 sellers in 2016, Amazon Business now has hundreds of thousands of business sellers around the world. Today, third-party B2B sellers on Amazon Business make up over 50% of the $10 billion in global annualized sales.
In this highly interactive session, Rob Green, who spoke to the elements of buying on Amazon Business, and Clay Ryan, who covered the topic of selling on Amazon Business, fielded audience questions, such as:
- For sellers who may not have sold online before but now need to create online stores, what type of set-up support does Amazon provide?
- What type of diversity credentials does Amazon Business provide, and how can buyers sort and report on their diversity purchases?
- Are products sold through Amazon Business also made available in the standard Amazon catalog?
- How does Amazon Business compare to other online stores like Shopify, and how does Amazon enable their customers to develop an omni-channel selling strategy?
- For businesses who sell more consumer-focused goods, does it make sense to also list on Amazon Business, and is the referral fee on the business side similar to that on the consumer side?
- What type of solutions does Amazon provide for newer brands trying build awareness?
For answers to these questions and many others, watch the video below!
Director, Sales – B2B Marketplace
Senior Manager, US Sales
SVP, Global Technology & Innovation
Austin Chamber of Commerce