Austin Gives member LiveOak Venture Partners, a venture capital firm based in Austin, Texas, is committed to giving back to the community through its LiveOak Gives program. The program is an annual giving initiative that seeks to support non-profit organizations making a meaningful and lasting impact on the lives of vulnerable individuals and families in the community. The firm has recently announced the success of its fourth annual campaign, which raised $230,000 for six non-profit organizations.
The LiveOak Gives program is a collaborative effort between LiveOak and the broader tech community in Texas. The firm seeds the funds, and the tech community matches the contributions. The program supports reputable non-profit organizations headquartered in Texas to serve children, the elderly, and families trapped in poverty. Each organization is supported for up to two years to continually identify and support new organizations.
The success of the LiveOak Gives program is remarkable, and it has not gone unnoticed. The Greater Austin Chamber of Commerce recognized LiveOak's contribution to the community by awarding the firm the 2022 Austin Gives "Charitable Champion" award. This award recognizes the significant impact that LiveOak Gives has made in the community, and the firm is honored to receive it.
LiveOak's commitment to supporting non-profit organizations is evident from its contribution to the community in the past four years. The firm has donated $853,614 to 16 non-profits, and the LiveOak Gives program is a testament to the firm's dedication to giving back to the community.
This year's LiveOak Gives campaign recipients include the following:
- ScholarShot is helping at-risk students exit poverty by completing career-ready vocational, associate, or bachelor's degrees.
- Heartgift provides life-saving heart surgeries to children worldwide where specialized medical treatment is scarce or nonexistent.
- Fr1ends of Ch1ldren connects children with a paid, professional mentor called a Friend to support their success, despite challenging situations.
- The Women's Fund focuses on women's economic security in Central Texas by making nonprofit grants in housing, education, childcare, and women's health.
- AGE of Central Texas supports seniors who need help managing daily activities during the day or are at risk of feeling isolated and lonely.
- Chariot enriches lives and communities by providing transportation and socialization to non-driving seniors, helping them age in place.
LiveOak is committed to a culture of giving back to the community and proudly supports the Austin Gives generous business initiative.