The U.S. and Canada have one of the world’s most comprehensive trading relationships and the largest investment relationship. Texas and Canada are often referred to as “a match made in heaven” because in addition to lifestyles and attitudes, they have complementary business interests and investments.
On Tuesday, October 20, we heard from four distinguished leaders who shared how to think more globally and take advantage of this powerful alliance.
Consul General McCormick shared these compelling trade facts:
- Canada is Texas's second largest export market
- Texas sends $33 billion of goods and services to Canada
- The Austin area sends $2 billion in goods and services to Canada
- 54k jobs are linked to trade with Canada
- There are 600 Canadian-owned businesses in Austin area
Check out these additional resources from the Consulate, and watch the webinar to learn more about the Canada and Texas connection!
Want to hear about future webinars?
Our topical newsletters help you stay in-the-know about upcoming webinars, business news, and economic updates.Sign up