Gov. Greg Abbott issued Executive Orders today in line with federal guidelines to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
Here's what you should know:
- Every person in Texas shall avoid social gatherings that have more than 10 people.
- People shall avoid eating and drinking at bars, restaurants and food courts or visiting gyms. There will be no "dining in” at bars or restaurant dining rooms since they will be closed. Restaurants can still offer take-out and pickup options (which the Governor has encouraged).
- People shall not visit nursing homes, or retirement centers or long-term care facilities unless they're providing critical care assistance.
- All Texas schools shall close temporarily. "This does not mean that education stops." Superintendents will continue to work with the Texas Education Agency to continue online or additional educational options.
- The order goes into effect at midnight, Friday, March 20, and expires at midnight on April 3.
COVID-19 business impact survey
We are dedicated to supporting our business community during this uncertain time. Please take a moment to let us know how your business is being impacted to help us best prioritize our efforts.Take the 3-minute survey