Make a Difference in Austin
Getting involved with programs you care about connects you to the information and people that will enhance the value of your membership. The Austin Chamber offers current members a range of opportunities to share their expertise and enthusiasm with the community. Build your business relationships as we work together to help our community prosper.
Explore the best volunteer opportunity for you and your company.
Business Retention & Expansion/Technology
Air Services Task Force
The Air Services Task Force engages the business community in assisting the City of Austin, through the Austin Bergstrom International Airport (ABIA), in increasing international and domestic air services from the Central Texas region.
Generally meets on the first Thursday of the month at 4:00 PM
Meets monthly to hear from experts on projects and policy issues. Develops recommended positions for the Chamber Board on transportation issues.
Proactively works to influence transportation policy that supports Opportunity Austin 3.0 objectives and economic vitality.
Policy areas include:
- Long Range Transportation Planning
- Implementation of major projects
- Enhanced transit facilities and service
- Transportation funding and financing
- Transportation technology
- Land use
Education & Talent Development
Austin Partners In Education College Readiness Program
Execute on plan to increase 15% annually college-readiness rate. College Readiness volunteers will guide small collaborative study groups of 3-4 students grouped by their specific academic needs to prepare for college entrance exams at select Austin ISD high schools. For more info, contact Veronica Cavazos, APIE College Readiness Program Coordinator at email@example.com or 512.637.0982 or visit www.austinpartners.org
Financial Aid Program Volunteers
Assist college enrollment managers with community outreach by placing phone calls to students and parents/guardians to inform them of the importance of completing the FAFSA and the free, personal assistance available during the 'Financial Aid Saturdays', ultimately encourage them to attend at least one event.
Participate in Skillpoint Alliance's Annual College & Career Fair which provides an opportunity for thousands of juniors and seniors from regional high schools to explore career opportunities as well as obtain information on postsecondary education. For more info, contact Margo Dover, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, 512.323.6773 or visit www.skillpointalliance.org.
Develop talent and programmatic efforts to address high growth and demand needs in the talent pipeline. Ensure effective training programs exist to train or retrain residents for continually evolving employment sector.
Marketing & Communications
The Communications Council supports the Chamber marketing and communications functions of the Austin Chamber of Commerce. The Communications Council works to market not only the objectives of Chamber initiatives but also to promote the Greater Austin area through the Chamber brand.
Greater Austin International Business Coalition
Goal: This committee meets every other month and is comprised of government, educational institutions, cultural groups, other chambers and business involved and interested in supporting international business activities. The purpose of the committee is to help Austin businesses connect with the world and to establish and strengthen relationships with economic development organizations in key countries.
Membership and Small Business
The Austin Chamber of Commerce Ambassadors are the goodwill "arm" of the Chamber and thus are charged with extending the hand of friendship to new members by:
- Welcoming new members to the Chamber via ribbon cuttings
- Assisting new members in maximizing the value of their Chamber investment.
- Serving as a communication liaison between the Chamber and its new members.
- Identifying and recruiting new members for the Chamber and the CEO Peer Advisory Groups.
Membership Development Council
- Guide the Austin Chamber's membership recruitment efforts by
recommending specific tactics or activities.
- Provide oversight for membership activities and committees.
- Assist in outreach and recruitment of new members targeted by the Chamber.
- Support the membership department, as needed.
Member Relations Council
Assist the Chamber staff with the long term retention of members by:
- Recognizing member anniversaries
- Developing focused efforts for higher level dues paying members
- Assisting in strategic outreach to increase member engagement
- Assisting in outreach on past due accounts
Small Business Advisory Council
- Develop coherent, powerful small business initiatives and programs
by recommending tactics and activities.
- Provide oversight for Small Business committees and programs.
- Develop the structure and outreach for specific small business adhoc committees addressing specific target audiences.
Special Events & Partnership Committee
This volunteer group works to advance Chamber events and promote partnerships through key activities:
- Strategize all aspects of the Chamber's large scale events
- Assist in developing theme, design, content and entertainment.
- Promote attendance and assist in securing sponsors
- Identify and outreach to potential partners for the Chamber Partnership Program
The Greater Austin region includes some of the most innovative clean energy research facilities and business support networks in the Country. SustainLane Government ranks Austin as the top city in the county for cleantech incubation.