Financial Aid Saturdays Volunteers Needed
Your Chamber is currently recruiting volunteers to assist with 33 Chamber Financial Aid Saturday Program (FAS) events across 15 Central Texas school district partners. The FAS program helps high school seniors/parents complete federal/state financial aid applications to fund college enrollment. For most students, completing these forms correctly can be the difference between having, or not having, the money they need to pay for college.
If you would like to volunteer to help with the program, please RSVP for one of the volunteer training lunches below. You will receive driving directions by e-mail in advance of the training you choose.
- ACC: Highland Campus on Jan. 5 -- This training session is now at capacity
- ACC: Highland Campus on Jan. 7 from 11:30-1:00 | 6101 Airport Blvd Austin, TX 78752
- Austin ISD: Baker Campus on Jan. 19 -- This training session is now at capacity
- Austin ISD: Akins HS on Jan. 21 from 11:30-1:00 | 10701 S 1st St, Austin, TX 78748
- Pflugerville ISD: Pflugerville HS on Jan. 26 from 11:30-1:00 | 1301 W Pecan St, Pflugerville, TX 78660
- Princeton Review (UT Campus – Dobie Mall) on Jan. 28 from 11:30 – 1:00 | 2025 Guadalupe St #148, Dobie Center, Austin, TX 78705
- Austin Chamber offices on Feb. 4 from 11:30-1:00 | 535 E 5th St, Austin, TX 78701
- Round Rock ISD Central Office on Feb. 2 11:30-1:00 | 1311 Round Rock Ave, Round Rock 78681
Contact Gilbert Zavala, VP of Education & Talent Development, at email@example.com to RSVP for volunteer training lunches throughout January.
You do not need to be an expert on financial aid to participate and our training lunches will teach you what you need to know in order to help. Financial aid officers from partner colleges will also be present at all Financial Aid Saturday events, to assist students, parents, and volunteers with any aid filing related questions.
If you know students or parents who might benefit from attending a FAFSA/TASFA completion workshop refer them to www.financialaidsaturdays.org to register or learn more about program events.
- Next Steps
- Volunteer to help more local students enroll in college »
- Join The Conversation »
- Contact Us Today:
Senior Vice President
Federal/State Advocacy and Education/Talent Development
When consumers know that a small business is a Chamber member, they are 44% more likely to think favorably of it and 63% more likely to purchase goods or services from the company (Shapiro).