Financial Aid Saturdays Volunteers Needed
Your Chamber is currently recruiting volunteers to assist with 33 Chamber Financial Aid Saturday Program (FAS) events across 15 Central Texas school district partners. The FAS program helps high school seniors/parents complete federal/state financial aid applications to fund college enrollment. For most students, completing these forms correctly can be the difference between having, or not having, the money they need to pay for college.
If you would like to volunteer to help with the program, please RSVP for one of the volunteer training lunches below. You will receive driving directions by e-mail in advance of the training you choose. All training lunches run from 11:30 am to 1 pm on:
- 1/20/15 @ Chamber, 535 East 5th Street, (South/Central Austin)
- 1/22/15 @ Travis High School, 1211 East Oltorf Street, (South Austin)
- 1/27/15 @ The Baker Center, 3908 Avenue B, 11:30-1 (Central Austin)
- 1/29/15 @ The Princeton Review, 2025 Guadalupe Street #148, (Dobie Mall/UT Campus-Validated Parking Provided)
- 2/3/15 @ Connally High School, 13212 North Lamar Boulevard, (Pflugerville/Round Rock)
Contact Gilbert Zavala, VP of Education & Talent Development, at email@example.com to RSVP for volunteer training lunches throughout January.
You do not need to be an expert on financial aid to participate and our training lunches will teach you what you need to know in order to help. Financial aid officers from partner colleges will also be present at all Financial Aid Saturday events, to assist students, parents, and volunteers with any aid filing related questions.
If you know students or parents who might benefit from attending a FAFSA/TASFA completion workshop refer them to www.financialaidsaturdays.org to register or learn more about program events.
- Next Steps
- Volunteer to help more local students enroll in college »
- Join The Conversation »
- Contact Us Today:
Senior Vice President
Federal/State Advocacy and Education/Talent Development
Consumers are 19% more likely to think favorably of a company based on Chamber membership, regardless of the degree of involvement (Shapiro).